For many companies in the competitive business software industry, the ongoing recession continues to be a survival challenge. For SilverSun Technologies, a New Jersey based provider of enterprise resource planning (ERP) and business software for small to medium manufacturers and distributors, it has been a time of steady and healthy sales, punctuated by the most recent figures showing sales up 40% in 2011 to over $10.5 million. Add to that an anticipated operating income of over $800,000, together with zero long-term debt, and it becomes clear why the company stands out.
SilverSun, through its principal operating subsidiary, SWK Technologies, is one of the top U.S. resellers for Sage, a major global publisher of business management software and ERP applications. SilverSun provides financial accounting and supply-chain solutions for a wide range of manufacturers and distributors. The company also publishes, sells, and supports its own MAPADOCTM proprietary EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) software, which offers dramatically reduced expenditures for users of Sage 100, Sage 500, and Sage ERP X3 software. In addition, SilverSun publishes eight different cloud-based solutions, such as BeerRun for the management of craft-brewery production operations.
It’s the range of value-added services, and aggressive management, that gives SilverSun a competitive advantage, and has led to the company’s impressive profile and positioning.
• Sales up 50% in 2011 to an annualized revenue of over $10 million
• Liabilities reduced in 2011 by more than $3 million
• Expanding EDI market driven by demands from big box retailers like Wal-Mart and Home Depot (trading partners utilize EDI for business transactions with these large companies)
• Early acquisitions which consolidated competitive mix of IT business management products/services
• Aggressive focus on raising revenue and cutting expenses to successfully grow gross profit
SilverSun has acquired and integrated several companies with competitive advantages and reach to create a market-leading position.
For additional information, visit the company’s website at www.SilverSunTech.co
Let us hear your thoughts below: