Founded in 2007 and headquarted in Louisville, Kentucky, Beacon Enterprise Solutions Group, together with its subsidiaries, provides high quality telecommunications and technology systems infrastructure services primarily in North America and Europe.
Beacon aims to provide integrated and customized solutions to address the financial, operational, and logistical issues that accompany the current practice of a la carte and locally sourced information technology systems (ITS) services by its clients. Beacon’s service base is very wide and includes consulting, design, engineering, and installation of telecommunications and technology systems infrastructure. The company also provides professional services comprising consulting, engineering, program management, project management, construction, and infrastructure management services. In addition, it offers special services in support of qualified projects in the smart buildings/campuses/cities and data center verticals, as well as managed information technology and telecommunications services.
Beacon has set its sights on targeting US-based Fortune 1000 and Global 2000 companies who use English as their language of business, and because of acquisition, organic growth, down-sizing, consolidation, or operational focus need to outsource, standardize, or increase control over some or all of their ITS services. Beacon is also looking to sub-contract its services to other companies who sell the same ITS services, but resort to multiple, locally sourced providers to deliver them. Beacon is well equipped to meet the regulatory and operational challenges faced by its customers.
Beacon differentiates itself in several important ways:
• Single Point of Contact – In an otherwise highly fragmented industry segment, Beacon offers a single source solution for regional, national, and global Layer 1 management.
• Standardization – Consolidating network infrastructure management under the Beacon’s control can significantly improve the client’s ability to drive global enterprise standards.
• Consistency and Predictability – Utilizing Beacon’s Global network of ITS design, engineering, project, and construction management professionals will provide predictability and consistency across all of a client’s regions and facilities.
• Global Reach – Beacon can provide technical support, direct field support, material handling, and certified installations in virtually any location in the world.
• Focus – By outsourcing to Beacon, customers can focus their IT resources on their core business, which can greatly enhance efficiency and productivity throughout the enterprise.
• Cost Savings – By outsourcing to Beacon, customers can reduce their annual infrastructure expenditures by 30% or more. Other savings include contract administration, vendor management, and accounting costs.
Beacon’s results for the six months ended at March 31, 2012, are notable. Net sales increased 4% for the six months ended to $9.3 million from $9.0 million in the corresponding year-ago period. Gross profit also increased in the same period by 38% from $2.6 million in fiscal 2011 to $3.6 million in fiscal 2012. Gross margins increased as well by 9 basis points in the second quarter of fiscal 2012 from 28% to 37%. Total operating expenses for the 2nd quarter of fiscal 2012 dropped by 13% from $2.8 million in fiscal year 2011 to $2.5 million in fiscal year 2012. Finally, EBIT (Earnings Before Interest and Taxes) increased for both the three and six month periods in 2012 as compared with 2011, improving 15% for the quarter and 59% for the six months ended.
For additional information, visit the company’s website at www.AskBeacon.com
Let us hear your thoughts: Beacon Enterprise Solutions Group, Inc. Message Board