IceWEB has received a purchase order from Ongoing Operations for an additional high-performance IceWEB 7000, the company’s highly redundant and scalable unified data storage system.
This order represents the cloud storage provider’s second IceWEB 7000 purchase.
“For IceWEB to be ‘the choice’ of such a highly respected company like Ongoing Operations is very encouraging. Winning this business after being put through an arduous bidding and selection process against the rest of the field is particularly important for us,” Rob Howe, CEO of IceWEB, stated in the press release. “I want to reiterate, this is a repeat sale of hardware, software and services. That is testament that our sales efforts are gaining all-important traction. We expect many more to come.”
The IceWEB 7000 system provides:
• Highly redundant dual controller units
• Hybrid disk pooling, combining Solid State (SSD) and high performance SAS drives
• Eight 10-Gibabit Ethernet connectivity for iSCSI and NAS
• Hot-pluggable drives, controllers, fans, and power supplies
• Single, double, and triple parity RAID protection: 0, 1, 10, 5, 50, 6, 60, and 6+1
• Automatic file system error correction ensures data integrity
• Thin provisioning, deduplication, and compression to optimize utilization efficiency
• Flexible, no-impact replication (local or remote, real-time or scheduled) services
• VMWare ESXi 5.0 Compatibility
• IceSTORM 128-Bit Multi Node High Availability Cluster Operating System
IceWEB noted that its Disaster Recovery Site, Complex Citrix, and European replication connection were key components in Ongoing Operation’s decision process.
For more information, visit www.IceWEB.com
Let us hear your thoughts below: