VentriPoint Diagnostics, Seattle-based imaging technology company, is dedicated to making heart analysis more convenient and less expensive using knowledge-based techniques. The company’s VentriPoint Medical System (VMS), often referred to as the VentriPoint Angelo System or simply “Angelo’s”, is a unique 2D ultrasound imaging system. Through the use of Knowledge Based Reconstruction (KBR) an accurate 3D image of the heart can be generated from standard 2D ultrasound input. This eliminates all the disadvantages of having to go through an elaborate and expensive MRI scan, such as the often long waiting list, the one hour scan time, the claustrophobic environment, the requirement of a general anesthetic for children, a lengthy heart analysis process, and the need for a second trip to the hospital.
Key to the development of the technology, and to the success of the company itself, has been the support of an impressive board of directors, and the many critical contacts that they represent.
• Treuman Katz (Chairman; Chairman of Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee) is currently the President Emeritus of the Seattle Children’s Hospital & Regional Medical Center (“Seattle Children’s”), after serving as its President and Chief Executive Officer from 1979 to 2005.
• George Adams (Director; President and Chief Executive Officer; Member of Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee) is a scientist, a serial entrepreneur, and a financier. His previous position was CEO of Amorfix Life Sciences from 2005-2010, and he continues as Chairman of Sernova Corp.
• Danny Dalla-Longa (Director; Chairman of Audit Committee; Member of Compensation Committee) is former CEO and Chairman of Luca Capital Inc., and has had extensive experience with public companies in a number of different industry sectors.
• Brad Harlow (Director; Chairman of Compensation Committee) is the Managing Partner of B. Harlow & Associates, which advises med-tech companies for financing, Mergers & Acquisitions and buyouts. His group has led over $200 million in financing, asset/division sales, and new technology investments.
• Don Black (Director; Member of Audit Committee; Member of Compensation Committee) has worked in the health care industry for over 25 years and has recently stepped down as the President of the Children’s Health Corporation of America.
• Hugh Cleland, CFA (Director; Member of Audit Committee; Member of Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee) is an Executive VP and Portfolio Manager at Northern Rivers Funds, a BluMont Capital Company.
For more information on VentriPoint’s leading-edge cardiac diagnostic technology, visit www.VentriPoint.com
Let us hear your thoughts: VentriPoint Diagnostics Ltd. Message Board